(VACANCY NOW FILLED)
PLATINUM CONSORT & CHORAL WORKSHOPS, one of the UK’s leading professional choirs and choral education organisations, is seeking a self-employed administrator to assist with the organisation of its choral workshops and to provide administrative support to the Founder & Director.
Platinum Consort was founded at Cambridge University by Scott Inglis-Kidger and Claire Jaggers in 2005 and, in addition to giving concerts and recording albums, has offered bespoke choral workshops for good amateur singers since 2011. The workshops are incredibly popular, with long waiting lists forming hours after launching.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Will provide in the region of 3 hours administrative support per week (there may be more hours dependant on current projects). The work includes, but is not limited to, managing workshop bookings, scheduling workshops, communicating with clients, booking venues, organising and ordering printing, managing the mailing list and, for the right candidate, updating the website and social media accounts.
- Will work from home, but will sometimes be asked to attend workshops (by prior agreement) in London.
- Will attend regular, scheduled meetings with the Founder & Director.
- Will liaise with both the Founder & Director and the Chairman of Platinum Choral Foundation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy (including excel)
- Excellent email communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in updating websites and social media
- An interest in the Classical music industry and/or choral singing
The role will be paid on presentation of a monthly invoice, at a rate of £12 per hour. Hours will be agreed with the Founder & Director in advance of the week commencing.
STARTING DATE: November 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Midday on Thursday 3rd November 2016.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a CV and covering letter to Scott Inglis-Kidger, Founder & Director, on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To see what we do, please visit our YouTube channel here: Platinum Consort YouTube or see the videos below.